[Sca-cooks] calamari

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 7 21:33:51 PST 2003

Cailte commented:
> a cook in our kingdom did calamari once.... some of us loved it, some
> of us didn't.   i was foraging from the non-like plates after my
> calamari was
> done.  ;)
So, how was this cooked? Do you know which recipe was used (if any)?
And how was it served?
I recently saw frozen bags of breaded calamari rings in my grocery and
I've seen it mixed, unbreaded, in some seafood mixes. I imagine it can
be found by itself, unbreaded.

I considered buying the bag of breaded calamari, but I don't have much
experience frying breaded items and I suspect if done wrong, it might
be even more chewy. And I'm trying to cut back on carbohydrates, and
fried breaded foods are probably not the way. :-)

My wife enjoyed the fried calamari we had at a resturant. Twice. Then
she learned what calamari is, and I've not convinced her to eat it
again. Sigh.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas