[Sca-cooks] Re: Tokien geekiness

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Nov 13 15:30:54 PST 2003

Michael Gunter wrote:

> On a totally different thread. One of my fantasies is to
> produce a series of meals based on Tolkein. Maybe not one
> as extravagant as Bilbo's birthday but to try to reproduce
> such meals as at the Prancing Pony, Tom Bombadil's dinner,
> the meal at the waterfall and such. I think it could be fun.
>
> But I'm a geek.

So? ... Without geeks, who would remind the users to plug the
power cord into a live outlet?

> Gunthar

Your mention of "the Prancing Pony" reminded me of an image I
saw earlier this week on renderosity.com -- a search gave me
12 images in 12 artist's galleries.

For your enjoyment, here are some selected images from 6 of
those galleries.  ... Those artist's galleries (and others)
may have additional images related to LOTR.

As with any art gallery, there may be depictions of nudity ...
viewer discretion is suggested.  BTW, Renderosity is a
3D Artist's Community with about 540,000 images).

===============

crazypauly's "Strider"
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=414699&Start=1&Artist=crazypauly&ByArtist=Yes

crazypauly's Gallery
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=crazypauly

===============

sarsa's "Strider"
"Frodo to Butterbur: 'Excuse me? That man in the corner, who is he?'"
"Butterbur: "He's one of them Rangers, dangerous folk they are,
wanderin' the wilds. What his right name is I've never 'eard, but
'round here he's known as Strider...."
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=174798&Start=19&Artist=sarsa&ByArtist=Yes

sarsa's Gallery
On the second page of sarsa's Gallery, you will find portraits of
several other characters from LOTR
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=sarsa

===============

Alla's "Intrigue at the Prancing Pony"
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=149941&Start=1&Artist=Alla&ByArtist=Yes

Alla's Gallery
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=Alla

===============

lhiannan's "Outside the Prancing Pony Inn"
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=141300&Start=55&Artist=lhiannan&ByArtist=Yes

lhiannan's Gallery
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=lhiannan

===============

chewy's "At the Sign of the Prancing Pony"
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=115121&Start=55&Artist=chewy&ByArtist=Yes

chewy's Gallery
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=chewy

===============

... and with a slight twist in topic ...
Out of the 37 different interpertations of "The One Ring", this is my favorite.

magicpixel's "The ONE ring (wip)"
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=172236&Start=1&Artist=magicpixel&ByArtist=Yes

OTOH, you might prefer
magicpixel's "The One Ring (Final)"