[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving dinner

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 25 17:05:42 PST 2003

  Yehoshua ben Haym haYerushalmi commented:
> I'm Jewish, so with the exception of Yom Kippor, all of them! Pretty
> much
> every Jewish holiday has something to do with food, from traditonal
> foods,
> to rules on what you can't eat (Passover) to rules on where you must
> eat
> it (Sukkot).
So, what do you mean where you must eat it? At a particular place? A
particular spot in the home?
> And ofcourse there is the weekly crazyness that is Shabbat.
And this crazyness is?
> Actually I'm not making thanksgiving this year, instead we are doing
> the
> first ever SCA feast in Israel! The three ring leaders of this little
> crazyness are going to the shuk to buy the food this afternoon.
Please give us a report.  Feast reviews are often of interest to this
group, and this has some future historic interest being the first SCA
feast in Isreal.

Is there a non-religous Thanksgiving holiday in Isreal? I know that
Canada has such a holiday, but that it is celebrated on a different
date. Or are you just saying that instead of cooking Thanksgiving
Holiday feast like the Americans you are cooking this SCA feast?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com