[Sca-cooks] Re: Cheese, warm or cold

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Wed Nov 26 10:51:34 PST 2003

> You're certainly not the only one who dislikes cold cheese. According
> to _Professional Cooking_ by Wayne Gisslen (John Wiley & Sons, 1999),
> nobody is expected to like it:
>
> "*Serve* *cheese* *at* *room* *temperature*. This is the single most
> important rule of cheese service. Only at room temperature will the
> full flavors develop. (This does not apply to unripened cheese like
> cottage cheese.)
>         Cut cheese just before service, to prevent drying. Better yet,
> set out whole cheese and large pieces when possible, so that portions
> can be cut to order by the customer or the service personnel." (p. 605)

Well, I don't like it at room temp either.  Bleck.  Only after it's been
melted, preferably over something with a good deal of flavor to begin
with, like tomato sauce or nachos - no potatoes au gratin.

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei