[Sca-cooks] Medieval Bear Recipes

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Nov 5 06:19:45 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> LoL. There is in fact, a very similar message from Phlip in the
> exotic-meats-msg file, right after the bear recipes, in the Florilegium
> detailing this very thing.
> Stefan

Yeah, well, Stefan, I've heard people mentioning that trchinosis in pork has
been essentially eliminated (which it has, in the US) but that doesn'r mean
it's been eliminated in either other species or other countries. Any time
the subject of bear meat comes up, I WILL mention it- if after that, someone
wants their bear steak rare, fine, let them make that choice, but at least
they've made an informed choice, if a not very bright one.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.