Christianity in SCA cookery. was Re: [Sca-cooks] pre-Columbianfoods

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Wed Nov 5 12:17:05 PST 2003

"Kathleen A. Roberts" wrote:

> --On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 8:47 AM -0800 Susan
> Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > OK, steering this all back on topic:

Huh ... what an odd concept.

> > what about Christian dietary laws and why don't we ever
> > seem to bother with them in the SCA?  I keep tryingto
> > serve fish during Lent and all I get are complaints.
> O Tempura, O Morays! <grin, duck, run really fast!>

When you sing that to the score of the "Carmina Burana",
do you use the music as originally written by Carl Orff,
or the Ray Manzarek contemporary version (A&M CS-4945
[4-track], or AMLX64945 [CD])?

> i think i found the answer to that.  it is not your fish
> they dislike, but the memories of all the bad fish they
> have eaten thru their lives.  oh, and the reproving looks
> they have gotten from a baked fish with its head still on.

Aaaaaaaahhh, ... Chinese style.

> it is quite the sin what some folk can do to a good piece
> of fish! ;)

... or vegetables ... or beef, ... or chicken, etc.

> cailte

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl