Christianity in SCA cookery. was Re: [Sca-cooks] pre-Columbian foods

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Nov 5 08:59:13 PST 2003

--On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 8:47 AM -0800 Susan Fox-Davis
<selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> OK, steering this all back on topic:  what about Christian dietary laws
> and why don't we ever seem to bother with them in the SCA?  I keep trying
> to serve fish during Lent and all I get are complaints.  O Tempura, O
> Morays! <grin, duck, run really fast!>

i think i found the answer to that.  it is not your fish they dislike, but
the memories of all the bad fish they have eaten thru their lives.  oh, and
the reproving looks they have gotten from a baked fish with its head still
on.

it is quite the sin what some folk can do to a good piece of fish! ;)

cailte