Christianity in SCA cookery. was Re: [Sca-cooks] pre-Columbianfoods

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 5 17:00:48 PST 2003

In Oklahoma, frozen whiting is about the cheapest, $1.50-2/pound in bulk.
I've served it pickled and as floured and fried fillets with an apple/wine
sauce.  In all cases, the fish has disappeared.

I've steered clear of the pickled fish in recent years because I don't have
a period recipe.  I did the fried fillets as a mixed fish and chicken course
to handle some of the dietary problems of the local baron and baroness.  He
is allergic to chicken, she detests fish.  The chicken was served with an
orange sauce, which led to people experimenting with the sauces on various
things all through the feast.

Bear