[Sca-cooks] pre-Columbian foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 2 13:01:49 PST 2003

  Christianna asked:
> As a preliminary to our usual talk of Thanksgiving fare, I thought I'd
> float this one.  A lady in our household is hosting a pot-luck dinner
> next
> Friday night, and the theme is Pre-Columbian Foods (no insects or
> arachnids,
> please).  We are thinking foods that were here when the Westerners got
> land.
We recently discussed caribbean foods. You might want to look at this
file in the FOOD-BY-REGION section of the Florilegium, although I may
not yet have this file online. Since I will be publishing my monthly
article soon, with this file, I guess I better get it online soon,
anyway.
fd-Caribbean-msg  (16K) 10/28/03    Food of the 16th Century Caribbean.

And there is this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section, however chocolate
drinks very quickly picked up European accents and ingredients.
chocolate-msg     (65K)  6/25/02    History and description of early
chocolate.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas