[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise or Not?

dailleurs at liripipe.com dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Nov 6 15:24:55 PST 2003

hi from Anne-Marie

grains of paradise are small, angular grains, dark brown/black with a fluffy white middle. they are much smaller than allspice, which looks to me like a plump peppercorn. The seed pod grains come from is a largish dry brown pod, kinda like what shows up on my day lillies :).

chances are, based on your description that what you found was indeed the new world allspice.

hope this is helpful?
--AM