[Sca-cooks] Grains of Paradise or Not?

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 6 15:42:21 PST 2003

When trying to explain grains to someone I have always described them as
teeeny tiny acorns without the caps....

At least that is what they look like to me.

-Serena

> hi from Anne-Marie
>
> grains of paradise are small, angular grains, dark brown/black with a
fluffy white middle. they are much smaller than allspice, which looks to me
like a plump peppercorn. The seed pod grains come from is a largish dry
brown pod, kinda like what shows up on my day lillies :).