[Sca-cooks] sauce verification (fwd)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Nov 7 13:23:43 PST 2003

The French Cook is the reprint of the 1653 English translation of La
Varenne. Introduction by the Hymans.  Southover Press, 2001.
  ISBN: 1 870962 17 6.

Amazon France shows--
Le cuisinier François (1651)
de F.-P. de La Varenne
Langue : Français Éditeur : Manucius (1 janvier 2003)
Format : Reliure inconnue
ISBN : 2845780265

Prix éditeur : EUR 41,00
Notre prix :  EUR 38,95
Économisez :  EUR 2,05  (5%)

Disponibilité : 1 à 3 semaines.
Il se peut que cet article soit supprimé ou momentanément indisponible
chez l'éditeur.

I have no other details on it.

The Hymans are supposed to be editing a new edition of his works, but I
have no other information or date of publication.

I did an article (very short) on this topic years ago with regard to
mayonnaise. One of the local chefs in Atlantia at the time was convinced
that it was period because the Battle it was named after took place at
this given date or so he said. He was off on the monarch concerned, and
the dates of the battle by a century or two. You know just small stuff.

Johnnae llyn Lewis