[Sca-cooks] sauce verification (fwd)

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Fri Nov 7 20:24:47 PST 2003

Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> [2003.11.07] wrote:
> Johnnae beat me to it.  A very dear friend who is a Laurel has been
> browbeating me for a year about how she should be able to use mayonnaise
> because all its ingredients are period.  Sigh.  Costuming and
> calligraphy were her majors, but she cooks and really should know
> better.

Point out that blue jeans could be made using only period materials
(IIRC): cotton was available, you might gave to dye them with woad
rather than indigo, I think the weave pattern was used, and the copper
for the rivets hadn't been a problem for several thousand years.

When the scream of outrage subsides you can point out that mayo is just
the same.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Don't drop dead. Do, please, drop seriously, painfully, disablingly,
repulsively, incurably, but _not_ fatally ill.
		-- Mike Andrews