[Sca-cooks] sauce verification (fwd)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 7 08:39:32 PST 2003

Johnnae beat me to it.  A very dear friend who is a Laurel has been
browbeating me for a year about how she should be able to use mayonnaise
because all its ingredients are period.  Sigh.  Costuming and
calligraphy were her majors, but she cooks and really should know
better.  Has anybody written a good monograph on the origins of
Mayo-type emulsion sauces yet?  There are some telling letters in the
Flori-thingie Food-Condiments file on Sauces but I really want to see
the Mayonnaise research all in one place.  Sigh again.

Selene Colfox