[Sca-cooks] Favorite Norse/Viking camping event recipes

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 10 10:36:14 PST 2003

MY least favorite thing is goat leg with flies.

I am serious -- we tried to spit-roast it, which was a mistake, because it
went tough and stringy. But the flies loved it -- way better than fly paper
for keeping the little beggars off everything else.

The best actual cooked-on-site dish I've done is salmon in crust, baked in
the ashes of the cookfire. I think the second favorite dish was "Viking
sushi" -- salmon grilled until just barely cooked, with salt. I can't say
these are actually Viking style, though, as I'm only half-Viking.

Cynara