[Sca-cooks] Favorite Norse/Viking camping event recipes

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Nov 10 14:23:16 PST 2003

the only recipe i KNOW is from a viking era, is fish layered in pork fat.

take fish, salt, and pork fat. and layer them.... there is more, but
basically it was "kept" through the winter.

i am *told* that pork fat has some very needed vitamins for winter, but as
the idea of anything in lard makes me queesy, i wouldnt know......
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...