[Sca-cooks] Damascus kitchen knives

aeduin aeduin at verizon.net
Wed Nov 12 17:40:37 PST 2003

At 11:11 AM 11/12/2003, you wrote:

>Huette von Ahrens wrote:
> > Has anyone has any experience with Shun knives?
>
>Alton Brown likes 'em:
>
>http://www.altonbrown.com/pages/kershaw.html
>
>Of course, they also pay him to shill for them, so factor in your opinion of
>Alton's level of integrity when reading the above.  Personally, the couple
>of other products I've bought based on Alton's endorsement were fantastic,
>but I've never handled a Shun knife myself.  They sure do look pretty,
>though.
>
>-Lorenz
Looking at the shill site these knives look like standard Japanese fold not
Damascus or patternweld.  I went to Kershaw's page and it doesn't say if
they own Kei and the Shun brand or just market it.  Either way I'd be
willing to give it a test, especially since they also have some of the
traditional Japanese blade shapes.

AEduin, who has owned various Kershaw pocket knives over the years