[Sca-cooks] Re: Tokien geekiness

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Nov 13 22:19:24 PST 2003

Selene sez:
"Sorry kiddo, Tolkien was a seminal influence on the SCA and its
founders, so
this theme has a place in today's Society.  I can't really say the same
for
Harry Potter, which gets my eyes rolling... Let me know what she comes
up
with, Caid's next "Old Timers Tourney" [celebrating the Anno Societatis
Single Digit days] is having a Tolkien theme.  The new Baroness of
Angels is
a Tolkien fan and has already announced a Lembas contest."

Yeah, I know, I know....;) I'll be sure and let folks know what Mistress
Rowenna comes up with. I'm suspecting we'll see a lot of English cottage
style foodstuffs. It'll be good in any case! :)

--Anne-Marie