[Sca-cooks] Questions about de Nola

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 16 21:56:05 PST 2003

Maire asks:

>> 3.  Does anyone have an online or mail-order source for sour orange
>> juice? It's just *not* available up here....

Brighid responds:
> I tend to follow Barbara Santich's suggestion, and mix regular orange juice
> with
> lemon juice.

The Seville Orange and the Grapefruit have been linked in the news lately.
The Grapefruit is a modern orange/pomelo crossbreed after all;  apparently
the Seville orange is part of its pedigree. I find the recent reports adding
Seville or bitter oranges to the health warnings about bad interactions
between grapefruit and certain blood pressure medications quite interesting.
I might suggest trying a dash of grapefruit  in the regular orange juice.
And warn people before they eat it.

Abstract is here:  http://www.jclinpharm.org/cgi/content/abstract/42/10/1165

Selene Colfox