[Sca-cooks] Questions about de Nola

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Nov 17 05:45:32 PST 2003

Dang.  Looks like I was mis-reading a couple of the recipes that have
sauce instructions included in the text of the recipe.  It's not always
clear, when the text says something along the lines of "strain it all
through a cloth" that it's actually referring to the sauce ingredients,
and not the whole dish! (I'm so embarrassed!)
Re: use of wool and linen (and I hope I'm remembering *this* right!).
ISTR reading that linen is stronger when wet, but that wool is less
likely to be damaged by acidic stuff. Perhaps (without going back and
looking at the recipes) the woolen cloths are specified for some reason
like that, instead of just using "a good cloth."
Hmmm....I think I'll just *have* to go back and look!
--maire