[Sca-cooks] Questions about de Nola

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 18:00:38 PST 2003

On 17 Nov 2003, at 6:45, Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Dang.  Looks like I was mis-reading a couple of the recipes that have
> sauce instructions included in the text of the recipe.  It's not always
> clear, when the text says something along the lines of "strain it all
> through a cloth" that it's actually referring to the sauce ingredients,
> and not the whole dish!

Don't you just *love* all these recipes that give directions out of sequence?
"Add this and this and this and that, and boil it well... [two paragraphs later]
But before you boil it, the onions should be chopped and fried."

I'm also amused by recipes that tell you how to make a dish, and then end
with something like, "But in truth it's better if you leave [ingredient] out and
put in [other ingredient] instead.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net