[Sca-cooks] Questions about de Nola

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Nov 17 10:09:30 PST 2003

Sue Clemenger wrote:
> 3.  Does anyone have an online or mail-order source for sour orange
> juice? It's just *not* available up here....
> Thanks in advance,
> Maire

Goya products makes it.
http://www.goya.com/english/products/product.html?prodSubCatID=11&prodCatID=4

http://www.goya.com/english/index.html

You might contact them and see if anyone carries the products in your area.

I have come across a number of substitute recipes. One calls for one
half cup fresh juice, one quarter cup fresh grapefruit juice and one
tablespoon fresh lime juice. This was labeled as best used fresh.

Another called for one and one quarter cups fresh orange juice mixed
with one quarter cup mild cider vinegar.

I think the success of these would vary depending on what the original
recipe was doing with the "bitter" orange juice.

Johnnae llyn Lewis