[Sca-cooks] Questions about de Nola

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Nov 17 20:56:50 PST 2003

1. in many areas wool was MUCH cheaper.
2. wool can also be felted, which makes a very "fine" strainer indeed.

3. wool can be spun, and if neccesary felted, by ANYONE, but linen requires
some skill and a LOT of preparedness. thus wool is available for a wider and
poorer population, but there is also likely to be more "poor quality" fabric
around in wool....... and you wouldnt be using your first quality fabric for
kitchen use.....
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...