[Sca-cooks] Brunch buffet request

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 20:54:35 PST 2003

Cynara asked:
> Would any of you be willing to share a good, inexpensive, period,
> breakfasty
> or brunchy recipe?
>
> Thomas and I are cooking the feast for Marinus Investiture this
> weekend, and
> we are supposed to put out a morning buffet as well as the evening
> meal. I
> have a few ideas, but I could sure use some more good ones.
Try these Florilegium files:
In the FOOD section:
Brakng-t-Fast-art (32K)  5/10/01    "Breaking the Fast or What did they
eat for
                                        breakfast?" by Mistress
Christianna
                                        MacGrain, OP,OL, Meridies.
breakfast-msg     (71K)  9/26/01    What's for breakfast? SCA and
period.
eggs-msg         (140K) 12/25/02    Egg storage. Recipes. Substitutions.
Scotch-Eggs-msg   (17K)  3/21/01    Fried sausage-wrapped hard-boiled
eggs.
tarts-msg         (72K)  3/20/03    Period small, open-topped, shallow
pies.
In the FOOD-BREADS section:
French-Toast-art  (27K)  3/31/00    "From Lost Bread to French Toast" by
                                        Christianna MacGrain.
French-Toast-msg  (28K) 12/14/02    Period French Toast. Recipes.
fried-breads-msg  (28K) 12/29/02    Period fried breads. Funnel cakes,
donuts.
oakcakes-msg      (20K) 10/12/03    Period oatcakes.
pancakes-msg      (18K)  8/28/00    Period pancakes and pancake-like
foods.
porridges-msg     (14K)  2/15/01    Period porridges and gruels.

Not to mention sausages, meat pies etc and leftovers from the feast (a
very period breakfast when breakfast was done which seems to be just
late period) although you don't mention which of your two meals comes
first.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas