[Sca-cooks] Brunch buffet request

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 08:08:14 PST 2003

> At 11:18 AM 11/17/2003 -0800, Selene Colfox wrote:
>
>> There is nothing non-period about pancakes or waffles!  . . .
>

> As long as one remembers that most recipes now in circulation,
> including all the ones that use baking powder or self-rising flour,
> are modern.
>
> Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon

Well she did say that this was not a high-end documentation meal, but
merely appropriate to feed the masses in the morning.  I wouldn't
recommend corn flakes or yogurt smoothies, being more overtly modern,
but if there's a tot of bicarb in the batter I won't tell.

Or maybe not.  Flat crepes are quick to produce, don't need turning and
can be filled with other lovely things, sweet or savory.

Selene C.