[Sca-cooks] When was...

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 19 14:05:02 PST 2003

Pollard, A. W. and G. R. Redgrave. A Short-Title Catalogue of Books
Printed in England, Scotland and Ireland and of English Books Printed
Abroad, 1475-1640. London: Bibliographical Society, 1926. Often cited as
STC. Entries are arranged in alphabetical order and assigned a number.
Revision is 1976-1991 2d ed. rev. & enl.. Often cited as STC 2 or STC II.

ESTC is the online version of
The English Short Title Catalogue. [ESTC access via RLIN] ESTC contains
records for all types of items published in Great Britain or its
colonies or in the English language from 1473 to 1800. Based upon and
including the former Eighteenth-Century Short-Title Catalogue and the
two short-title catalogues covering 1475-1640 (STC or Pollard &
Redgrave) and 1641-1700 (Wing).

Catch my lecture sometime on either Elizabethan Cookbooks or The World
of Early English Printed Books and it all gets explained.

Johnnae llyn Lewis