[Sca-cooks] Current research on the effects of Cinnamon

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Fri Nov 21 09:44:42 PST 2003

Thank you for posting this. I may have to try this. While I have type I
diabetes, there may be some type II mixed in as my insulin requirements have
gone up. I don't think that doing this will have a detrimental effect, so it
may be worth trying.

***I also thought it might be helpful if people were doing themed camping
menus for several days or two weeks where people cook from an ethnic area
that uses lots of cinnamon.  It might affect their med levels

However, the article is not clear enough about whether this is 'true'
cinnamon or cassia. Perhaps some research will turn up more information. Or
maybe the research study didn't know of the differance so they may have used
either or a mix. It also doesn't specify whether the cinnamon was in powder
form in the capsules or a cinnamon oil.

***All of that would be good to know.  Maybe the contact person listed in
the news release could get you some more details:
Rosalie Marion Bliss, (301) 504-4318, rbliss at ars.usda.gov

Sharon
gordonse at one.net