[Sca-cooks] colonial turkey, was how to carve a turkey

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Fri Nov 21 10:10:58 PST 2003

--On Friday, November 21, 2003 5:48 PM +0000 Olwen the Odd
<olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm...wonder if she gave credit to the colonial folks?  I got the recipe
> from a cookbook I got at the Walters Art Gallery.  Something called
> Colonial Cooking or something like that.

i don't think so... tho it was white noise for me while cutting some cloth.
i think she deboned the whole durned thing, and rolled the leg meat into
the breast meat and put something (prolly stuffing) inside the cracks, and
put it into poultry bondage.

i am not so sure the chore of carving isn't better than that mess! ;)

cailte
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions