snarky remarks about eating habits Re: [Sca-cooks] Sweet potatoes

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 25 12:32:15 PST 2003

> Let the incipient diabetics heap sugar on their foods- I like most foods
> cooked simply, with spices used to accentuate the natural flavors- when I'm
> not in one of my frequent hot-n-spicy moods ;-)

Hm... anyone know what they diagnosed diabetes as in the 17th and 18th
centuries? If an increase in sugar intake WERE the controlling factor in
diabetes, one would expect an upsurge in diabetes deaths with the
massively increased use of sugar in that time period.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_