[Sca-cooks] FW: [TY] choke that Muse!

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at morktorn.com
Tue Nov 25 13:06:34 PST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> And Cailte responded::
> >gee... when i was growing up, gravy for us was always just the degreased
> >pan drippings... no  flour, butter, cornstarch... nada, zip, zilch...
>
> Yeah, me too. I really don't like starch-thickened gravies. Give me
> those unthickened flavorful pan drippings every day.

Not us! Not nearly enough gravy that way. And what else could we do with
the drippings of the Marsala mushroom appetizers. But then our family
thinks you only cook the turkey to get the gravy, and the potatos and
dressing are only there because it's rude to drink directly out of the
gravy boat!

Mirhaxa  ;)
  mirhaxa at morktorn.com