[Sca-cooks] cooking holiday choke that Muse!

Rosine nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Wed Nov 26 09:36:11 PST 2003

> i mean, how many kids grew up likeing spinach, brussels sprouts,
> asparagus, artichokes and stewed tomatos=)

   I did and was quite dismayed when my sons didn't seem to be following
suit. So we instituted a "three bites" rule (based on the idea that if
you're eating something you don't want to try, you'll bolt the first one or
two without really tasting it)... this made for some theatre and laughter as
a parental unit held up one hand and indicated with fingers one, two, opps -
only a half, bites. Bargaining usually ensued - enough to get the last bite
actually *tasted*.
   Both boys now love all of the above foods. But not eggplant. (Neither
does their mother love that slimy stuff!)

Hróðny Rognvaldsdottir, OP
Great Dark Horde, barony of Marinus
--
"Never moon a werewolf." - Mike Binder