[Sca-cooks] Sugar Cane

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Thu Nov 27 23:25:36 PST 2003

At 09:34 PM 11/27/03 -0600, Petru wrote:
>There's a bunch of sugar cane lengths available right now from my local
>grocery.
>Anyone got a few suggestions? Never cooked with the thing before, but it
>could be interesting...
When we were kids growing up in Zimbabwe, we used to simply chew it for the
sweetness and spit out the pulp.  I would have no _idea_ how to cook it,
never ran across it cooked!

JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Kingdom Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.