[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving dinner

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:26:40 PST 2003

Thanksgiving dinner was nothing exciting for me. There were only three of us
so I
did the usual. Turkey (brined. I'm now a big believer in brining. I usually
hate white
meat but this was so tasty and juicy that even that was good.) Cornbread
dressing
(baked outside the bird). Mashed potatoes made with chicken stock. Greenbean
cassarole for my hillbilly roommate. Giblet gravy. Mixed green salad with a
homemade
vinegarette.  I made a couple of pecan pies and had pumpkin pie as well.
Nothing
exciting or innovative but it was good.

Selene actually let Master Wallace and I watch the Cowboys get stomped by
Miami
and then we watched the extended versions of The Fellowship of the Ring and
The Two Towers.

A nice, relaxing day all in all.

Gunthar