[Sca-cooks] OT: Insanity and stupidity (Was: underage drinking)

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 08:08:30 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/1/2003 9:52:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, mdiehl at nac.net
writes:

> Hmmmmmmmm ... I worry ... are insanity and stupidity
> contagious?

Yes, often demonstrably so, but I have no studies to back this up, just
personal observation.

I'm trying to remember ... which state legislature redefined
Pi to be 3.0 ... to simplify teaching and computation?

That would be, if I remember correctly, Alabama. AND if I remember correctly,
the story was overblown a bit, but then again, I never underestimate the
stupidity of politics... Well, almost never <G>. Whether Bible based or otherwise,
the human animal can be interestingly blind.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke