[Sca-cooks] SCA-Cooks digest numbering

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 21:11:18 PDT 2003

For a number of years the SCA-Cooks digests were always numbered as
Volume 1. Then in a recent software change things got started over. Now
we seem to be skipping to a new volume somewhere around where we get
one hundred digests. Today things got bumped to Vol 5, Issue 1 from Vol
4, Issue 114.

I would expect the volume to stay the same for a year and then change.
Or change at 1000 or 5000 or some round number. Gunthar can you check
on this? Or can someone else explain this?

I save the digests until I've read them and was starting a new
directory on each 1000 digests. Then I started to set up a new
directory for each volume. But volume 2 ended after number 90 and
volume 3 ended after 91. I can work around this, but these volume
breaks seem arbitrary, inconsistant and a bit useless.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com