[Sca-cooks] Stefan's files for October

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 6 00:36:18 PDT 2003

A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past thirteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

In April I had my harddisk distroy itself. Things are almost back to
normal, however the formatting of the new and updated files is still a
bit rough. Please bear with me while I get the specialized reformatting
programs required for a cleaner output rewritten.

If you have sent me an article for the Florilegium and have not seen it
appear on the website, could you please send a copy to me again, for
alas,
I may have now lost it.

I am always interested in new articles. Especially now. :-) If you have
written an article that would be of interest to others in the SCA,
please
send it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for
more details.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
Under CHIVALRY:
    Fealty-n-t-SCA-art   "Fealty in the SCA" by Baron Hrolf
                            Herjolffsen OP.
Under NEWCOMERS:
    On-Personae-art      "On-Personae" by Baron Hrolf Herjolfssen OP.
                            An overview of personas in the SCA.
Under PERSONAL CARE:
    p-dental-care-art    Various period dental hygiene and mouthwash
                            products by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
    Under SCA-EVENT-PLANNING
evnt-stwd-cltn-art      Short articles on SCA event stewarding by
                            Lady Meliora Leuedai de Ardescote.

And this month’s updated files include:
    cherries-msg         Period cherries and cherry dishes. Recipes.
    fst-disasters-msg    Tales of SCA feasts that were disasters.
    gums-resins-msg      Period use of plant gums and resins. Myrrh,
                           mastic, frankincense, camphor.
    horse-recipes-msg    Period horse recipes. References.
    medlars-msg          Medlars. A member of the quince family.

For several months now you have heard me talk about the Florilegium
Tile Project. In June, we held our first display event at Lilies War.
In August, we held a display at the Pennsic War and in September at the
Known World A&S Collegium in Atenveldt.

Many folks have expressed an interest in seeing this project continue.
If, like a number of others, you have yet to find time to create a tile
please consider doing so and entering it at a future display. I would
like to see others organize local or kingdom tile displays. Perhaps the
tiles from these displays could then be gathered and transported to
Pennsic for a larger display next year. Remember, you don’t have to
attend the display event to enter a tile.

You can find more details about this unusual arts display on the
Florilegium Tile Project website:
http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/TileProject/
We even have a maillist for those who would like to discuss tile ideas,
resources or ask questions. FlorilegiumTiles-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
---
Copyright 2003, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com