[Sca-cooks] Snacks re Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 5, Issue 21

Martina C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Oct 7 14:12:31 PDT 2003

Greetings Yehoshua

Im not sure I remember my rules on Kosher and wether eggs and butter
are ok together, but one of the easiest, cheapest and best snacks I can
think of is

sodde egges
aka eggs with mustard sauce

Seeth your Egges almost hard, then peel them and cut them in quarters,
then take a little Butter in a frying panne, a little Vinegar,
Mustarde, Pepper and Salte, and then put it into a platter upon your
egges.

the quick and easy version
hard boil and  peel your eggs, cut each in half or quarters and set
aside.  In a microwave safe serving container put 1T butter for each 2
or 3 eggs,   melt butter and stir in 1T prepared mustard, I like a
whole grain, and 1T vinegar, I really like balsamic.  Season with salt
and pepper, stir everything together and serve.  Snackers take an egg
half, dab on some mustard sauce and enjoy.

Tastes rather like deviled eggs, if our most gracious current Majesty
is to be believed.

more period recipes can be found at:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Esmcclune/stewpot/

or at