[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest/rollmops

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Thu Oct 9 18:10:54 PDT 2003

  Dear Master Adamantius and Lady Olwen,

      Thank you both for your lucid explanations!  They were exactly what
I needed.  I had ILL'd Jaqui Woods' book *Prehistoric Cooking* and she
has a recipe for rollmops made with salmon (without mustard or cucumber
pickles) but I neglected to copy that recipe, which was one of the main
ones I wanted!  So I poked about on the internet, and I wanted to make
sure I understood the recipes I found.  I was not sure if the hot vinegar
would 'cook' the fish enough.

    Thanks!

    Elizabeth