[Sca-cooks] cheese and cheesemaking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 12 23:10:59 PDT 2003

Ruth commented:
>       I'm curious to get responses from this group --
> how appropriate is ricotta as a "fresh cheese"
> substitute in redactions, in your opinion?  Thought
> I might hear from some more cheese-knowledgeable
> folks than myself.  After all, blessed are the
> cheesemakers.  ;)  :)
Have you taken a look at these files in the FOOD section of the
Florilegium? I'm not sure if they answer the particular question you
asked, but perhaps they might be of interest anyeay.
cheese-msg       (140K)  8/20/02    Medieval cheese. Recipes.
cheese-goo-msg    (32K)  9/ 1/02    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.
Cheese-Making-art (30K)  9/29/97    "Cheese Making for the Compleat
Novice" by
                                        Lady Aoife Finn.
cheesecake-msg    (48K)  3/22/03    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.
cheesemaking-msg  (96K)  7/ 7/03    Comments and info. on cheesemaking.
Recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas