[Sca-cooks] Re: Abysmally wrong EDiets article on medieval

Katja katjaorlova at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 09:28:53 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to all who wrote to the author and
website. You did far better than I would have, in the
mood I was when I read it. I'm sure the author *did*
intend it as just a silly little joke, but it had me
seeing red.

I wanted to tell the author what a butthead he was,
but I knew that it would be far more constructive to
explain politely and patiently just how misleading and
destructive his little "silly" joke was.

As a mundane editor, I'm appalled that a writer won't
think about the impact of his writing or take
responsibility for it.

Not only is Dave Barry funny, but he definitely makes
it clear in his columns when he is *mocking* something
-- so that the reader fully understands that the
information is not to be taken seriously and should
not be viewed as an accurate representation.

This article was on a diet website and was presented
as valid history of dieting information.

Grr. Just grr.

Again, many thanks to all you good gentles who wrote
in to politely but firmly inform him that his writing
was inappropriate. Yes, we might be seen as historical
nutcases in his mind, but maybe the dork will think
twice before tossing off something so blatantly and
badly written in the future.

best regards, Katja

=====
Katja's Middle Eastern Dance Page http://www.geocities.com/katjaorlova/MEdance.html