[Sca-cooks] Queso Fresca

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 21:17:05 PDT 2003

  Cecily (in Atenveldt) mentioned:
> The Queso Fresca I have used is a very fine curd, mild flavored fresh
> cheese
> more similar in texture to the cheese we made fresh with lemon juice
> and
> whole milk on the stove top, without the lemony flavor.
Oh. I hadn't realized that Queso Fresca might not be that common. The
HEB groceries here, which don't cater specifically to the Hispanics,
have carried this for a long time. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes
open for recipes using fresh cheese. If the concensus in this thread
ends up being that that is a good choice for fresh cheese.
Stefan
(Then again, lamb appears to be running about $10/pound here. And there
are usually only one or two packages available.  So some things you can
get, and some you can't, depending upon your location)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com