[Sca-cooks] capons vs. chickens

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Oct 15 08:02:05 PDT 2003

Caitlin of Enniskillen commented:
>>>I made this as a test with capon breast with the recipe below. For feast,  I
used wonton wrappings for the "dough" and used bacon for the tripe and
chicken breasts for the meat. I also used chicken stock from soup base but
did not add the saffron. If any wants the recipe used for feast, I will post
separately.<<<

Thank you for the ravioli recipe and comments.

Did you notice any taste differance between using the capon breast and using the chicken breast? I occasionally see capons, but I believe they cost more, so I'm wondering when they are worth the extra money. In this case you are using only part of the bird, so the capon wouldn't seem to be needed for its increased size. I did notice that you seemed to switch from the capon to the chicken when the quantity needed increased.

Stefan