[Sca-cooks] cooking in pottery

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 19 22:01:16 PDT 2003

Etain mentioned:
> Mistress Christiana did a demo of pottery cooking on the kiln we
> used to fire the pottery at Pennsic..it was very interesting!  I can't
> wait to try it myself!
Oh? I must have missed this info or had to be somewhere else. :-(  How
did this demo go? Were you able to cook in the pottery without breaking
it? Or is that the reason it was done on the kiln? So replacements
could be made? Did you find the cooking different than using a metal
pot? Slower, perhaps? I wonder if the heat would be more even? Similar
to using a heavy metal pot compared to a thin metal pot?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com