[Sca-cooks] plague recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 22:16:23 PST 2003

  Johnnae llyn Lewis replied to me with:
> Harris Mark.S-rsve60 wrote:
>    So far no one has posted any documentably period recipes that use
> juniper berries.
> >> Stefan
> ----------
> Alright, I admit that I let the entire juniper discussion pass without
> ever hauling a book off the shelf because I was busy getting ready for
> the KW Costuming Symposium and I didn't have the time. But now that I
> have some time, here are some things to ponder over and look for in
> full
> in the sources cited.
Thank you!
> This search points out that one should be aware
> that there are recipes and then there are recipes for things like the
> plague.
Can you give me more info about these recipes for the plague? While I
do have some information on period poisons, I don't have any period
recipes for the plague. :-) Although I guess throwing diseased animals
over a city walls with siege engines can be considered a bit of
biological warfare.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas