[Sca-cooks] Feast Food for Picky Royalty

Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com
Thu Oct 2 10:59:27 PDT 2003

Yike
Who serves ho hos at a feast!! Ugh... Mashed potatoes and hotdogs at a
feast? what is this "Medieval Times"?
We gotta educate this guy...

See if His Nibs will eat Brats... ( There is a Bratwurst recipe that is
almost precisely modern in Sabina Welserin. )
ask about other foods like Chicken Nuggets, honey mustard, bread, almonds
or other nuts, roast chickens, apple pies,  cheese quiche.

You can ask him about Frumenty instead of rice ( soft cooked cracked
wheat...   comes out a lot like steel cut oatmeal in texture with a
delicate cream of wheat flavor )
it may be possible to serve this guy totally period food without him
realizing it.

Sabina Welserin has a lot of relatively modern recipes that he might like.
You need to start communicating with him, perhaps try to sit him down with
a few dishes at a time, well ahead of time and guage for yourself what he
will eat or not.

Brandu

I hope maybe the cooks on the board can help me with a major feast problem.
I finally got a list of what the Royalty will eat/not eat and am totally
befuddled as to what to do.
His majesty is a very picky eater. His feast fav's include hot dogs, mashed
potatoes, Ho Ho's, string cheese and grilled cheese. He doesn't like rice,
meat (I think he means beef), vegetables, eggs. It now looks like I have to
make a seperate feast for him. Do you think this is too accommodating? Or
should I change my menu slightly (omit the beef, add more cheese kinda
thing). Most royalty I have cooked for are usually pretty adventurous, so
I'm kinda stressing over this.

Thanks a Bunch,

Lady Lavender