[Sca-cooks] Re: Feast Food for Picky Royalty

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Oct 2 14:48:35 PDT 2003

At 05:16 PM 10/2/03 -0400, you wrote:

>Given what you're describing, it sounds to me like HRM of Atlantia, is that
>correct? As it happens, I'm one of the retainers for TRM this reign.  What
>has been said about His Maj is true - he's a finicky eater.  However, as
>has also been said, he does NOT expect the entire menu to revolve around
>his likes and dislikes.  Nor does he expect you to offer him things that
>are not considered period food, although I'm sure he'd be happy to eat it
>if you decide you want to.  I doubt he really expects to get HoHos at
>feast. He's pretty much not a meat eater, not just not a beef eater.

<Snip the rest of very good info>

My best suggestion to anyone in the situation of our cooks is *talk to the
retinue!* Having worked retinue myself, I know that they are pretty
familiar with what can and cannot be gotten around. And like as not, you
can find a friendly foodie who can brainstorm with you.

I would _not_ suggest feeding him spray cheeze and hotdogs and mashed
potatoes. If I were in his shoes I would be insulted. Take this as a
challenge and stretch your capabilites a bit- you may find your horizons
expand a bit, and his might too.

My two pence (and I'll wait here for my change)

'Lainie