[Sca-cooks] Looking for a bread recipe.

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Oct 2 16:51:53 PDT 2003

I'll do some more work on this in the morning.
I ran a quick search and did come across
http://www.williamrubel.com/bread/bread.four.html
which has a picture of the gathered sheaf of wheat from a bakery window.

Not quite what we wanted. But it's a neat site!!!

Tom Jaine does have pictures of one in his bread book and the
instructions on making one. I toyed with the idea of making one for my
luncheon but didn't in the end. If I had been doing the evening feast, I
would have done several of them.

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> I would be interested in any reference pointing to a period source which
> describes a harvest loaf.  They have been done.  They probably were done at
> the time, but documentation is a little sparse.  It is very possible your
> source was transferring a more modern practice to period.
snipped
And English bakers cut and shape dough