[Sca-cooks] Kosher Feast

Zachary Kessin zkessin at cs.brandeis.edu
Thu Oct 2 22:45:58 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Martin G. Diehl wrote:

> Zachary Kessin wrote:
> >
> > This has got me wondering, if we ever get a royal to our new
> > shire here in Israel, what their reaction will be to a feast
> > that is kosher and probably somewhat middle eastern.
>
> Hhhmmm ... be sure to provide well armored documentation.

Well the feast will be kosher because otherwise the shire won't eat
it. We are in Jerusalem, and a fair part of the group are religous
Jews. As for documenting kosher, that is easy, we will just show a
copy of the Shulkhan Aruk or Mishna Torah (period codifications of
Jewish law) to anyone who asks. Mind you we may show them the
versions in hebrew. ;)

We will probably look at some of the spanish and arab cookbooks for
what we do.

--Zach