[Sca-cooks] Feast Food for Picky Royalty

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Oct 3 08:27:55 PDT 2003

> It's a small (two or three bites) chocolate cake, filled with white cream,
> enrobed in milk chocolate. They are loaded with preservatives (the old joke
> about Twinkies surviving a nuclear blast? Same manufacturer) and not nearly
> as good as my description makes them sound.
>
> Avraham

I can't say anything about regular Twinkies, but the low-fat variety
(individually wrapped) was destruction-tested in the cab of my truck one
very hot summer. After three months the Twinkie was unchanged. The low-fat
Hostess cupcakes had gone thoroughly moldy, indicating the presence of
organic ingredients.

Margaret, who would really like to get back to period food once all the
zucchini and tomatoes are dealt with