[Sca-cooks] Snacks

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 7 14:42:48 PDT 2003

Greetings,

That would be the Hours of Catherine of Cleves. If you are into
Illuminations I highly reccomend the Manuscript which is widely available
but expensive. And with a brief search it appears that Amazon has is on sale
at the very moment:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0807614920/002-0430643-1191266?v=glance

The detail in the margins of one Illumination does indeed contain pretzles.
There are many other food related aspects of the text including fish,
shellfish, roasting on a spit, baking and many other interesting things.

If you are interested in Illumination as well as cooking, it is well worth
the price.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva